FAQ in 2011
Page 5 out of 6 Pages
- Q10031106 - I am having problems daisy chaining these SAS Enclosures to ARC-1880 RAID card. If only one enclosure is hooked up from the external rear SAS it works great, but as soon and I shutdown and connect another enclosure daisy chained to the first, it just times out and reboots over and over while saying waiting for f/w to become ready.
- Q10021106 - I am trying to expand a volume on ARC-1220. I added a disk to the raid set. The raid set now says degraded and IDE channel shows fail.
- Q10011106 - We have a ARC-1880ix-16 card that is giving strange behavior. If we shut the machine down for a lengthy period of time, says 30 minutes or more, the next time it comes up, it doesn't see the Areca card. Instead, do a lspci shows a Megaraid controller.
06:00.0 Mass storage controller : LSI Logic / Symbios Logic LSI MegaSAS 9260 (rev 05)
After a reboot, it shows this correctly
06:00.0 RAID bus controller: Areca Technology Corp. Device 1880 (rev 05)
- Q10061103 - Using ARC-1680LP with Supermicro SC216E1-R900UB, it displayed the following messages. "E3 5V Under Voltage", "E3 12V Under Voltage", "E3 5V Recovered", "E3 12V Recovered"
- Q10051103 - We have problems with the new Linux driver (arcmsr.1.20.0X.15-100729) for the raid controller ARC-1880. Our system is Linux debian 5.07 (lenny) amd64. Build the driver agains the XEN kernel (2.6.26-2-xen-amd64) we got following errors on boot time:
arcmsr0: dma_alloc_coherent got error arcmsr0: arcmsr_alloc_ccb_pool got error
- Q10041103 - I have several Western Digital hard drives WD1002FAEX. This drives are SATA-II and SATA-III compatible but my ARC-1680ix-24 connects to this drives at SATA-Il speed. Is there any setting that I can use to force the controller to connect at SATA-II speed?
- Q10031103 - We has tested the ARC-1880 with battery by pulling power during write to the RAID. In this case, the Areca BIOS fails to load on the following power up, so the NVS content cannot flush to restore the RAID data.
- Q10021103 - Is there a problem known with the Alert By Mail feature? I have set all the parameters but do not receive an e-mail.
- Q10011103 - I have a new dual Xeon server based on SuperMicro X8DTH-iF motherboard where I have installed one Areca ARC-1222. I am trying to install Windows 2008R2 64Bit, using both the CD-ROM Device Drivers (Storport) and the site driver. On both case after loading the driver I can read the partitions, but I cannot install the Operating System on it. The operating system report the following error: Windows is unable to install to the selected location Erorr: 0x80300001.
- Q10061101- I've been trying to install the ArcHTTP software in Windows 2k8 R2 but continue you receive a Java error during the installation. The error is "javaw.exe has stopped working".
FAQ in 2011