FAQ in 2010
Page 1 out of 4 Pages
- Q10181012 - I'm trying to expand my RaidSet from 8x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5 to 9x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5. I received the "Expand RaidSet" event but not the following "Start Migrating". Volume state is "Need Migrate".
- Q10171012 - We have a 10 order of 8TB R5 units (ARC-1201) built up and we appear to be having DHCP IP issues. I have DHCP enabled but the Current IP Address is still the Local IP Address (Static IP). It doesn’t appear to be releasing the Static and/or pulling in a DHCP.
- Q10161012 - We had terribly bad performance on a big expensive machine with 2x 24-disk ARC-1680. Bootdisks are Intel X25 SSDs. Customer wants all that to function with Solarisinstall+ZFS file system. After the install, when you test the throughput, you will be at about one THIRD of the expected performance: unacceptable.
- Q10151012 - I'm running OpenBSD 4.6 i386 on an Areca ARC-1680i controller. Unfortunately, bioctl doesn't show the array status (online, degraded, failed, etc.).
- Q10141012 - I'm not able to make my Seagate Constellation ES SED SAS drives to work with my Areca ARC-1212-4i controller.
- Q10131012 - My machine is a Mac Pro Nehalem 2009 with 16GB of memory. On wakeup (after going to sleep), I'm getting Kernel Panic errors on ArcHttp if I restart the machine I do not get this error.
- Q10121012 - I learned from the Web that the ARC-1880 has issues with the Mac Pro, and that Areca is already working to fix this issue.
- Q10111012 - We recently updated the firmware on our ARC-1231ML to the latest revision on your website and the card is only issuing 256 byte read completions. Prior to the firmware update, the card was responding with 512 byte completions. Why was this changed?
- Q10101012 - The Areca ARC-1680ix-12 has detected problem on the WDC WD6000HLHX 6Gb/s SATA HDD, do you have any solution?
- Q10091012 - When using various LSI 2108 controllers from LSI and Areca (ARC-1880 series) on the X7SBE motherboard, none of the LSI 2108-based controllers post. How can this be fixed?
FAQ in 2010