FAQ in 2010
Page 3 out of 7 Pages
- Q10090902- What driver is best to use for testing Windows 7 Beta? All drivers I try to use seem to crash my system.
- Q10080902- I have a ARC-1231ML, and I am writing to ask for your recommendations regarding its use. Is it possible to use this card in conjunction with an external 12 bay chassis? I am hoping to mount the 12 RAID drives outside of the host PC chassis.
- Q10070902- I have ARC-1231 controller. Can you please explain the difference between using disks in JBOD mode and using disks in pass-through mode. I have a feeling that the controller uses it's onboard cache when in pass-through mode. Is this the case?
- Q10060902- I have a ARC-1220, in a server running FreeBSD 6.1, but I can not get the HD's temperature using the application cli32, I try to use the http proxy but also did not get the expected result.
- Q10050902- The 1500GB Seagate hard drive (ST31500341AS 1.5TB Disk Firmware Version: SD17) connected to an ARC-1260 seems to have some troubles. We switch off NCQ and read back cache. We can define such a disk as "pass through" in the running system and it works fine. When restarting the system the card creates an endless hang with the message "waiting for the firmware to become ready".
- Q10040902- Since 1-1-2009 the time setting on the ARC-1222 is confused and not correct. Used all kind of NTP servers, but at the NTP settings it stated that the date is somewhere in 1990. At the event section it says it’s 2022.
- Q10030902- I need the Windows 2000 Advanced Server driver for the ARC-1222 SAS v1.0 RAID controller.
- Q10020902- I deleted RAID and created new with MRAID browser. How can I come back the information which was on old RAID system?
- Q10010902- I have had the problem with ARC-1221x volume mounting and 10.5.6 upgrade. I have OS (reverted back to 10.5.5) installed on internal drive. I am getting errors when trying to run recommended driver update (132_81223). Tried to install with and without ext RAID connected, also tried to install as 'root' user. We got the following errors.
- Q10181012 - I'm trying to expand my RaidSet from 8x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5 to 9x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5. I received the "Expand RaidSet" event but not the following "Start Migrating". Volume state is "Need Migrate".
FAQ in 2010