FAQ in 2011
Page 4 out of 6 Pages
- Q10011107 - When the upgrade FreeBSD 8.2 Stable kernel tries to boot, it panics with MTX duplicated use at arcmsr.c:2093. This is with the most recent driver imported in 8.4 on 06/06/2011. A kernel of 26-feb-2011 has a previous version 1.20.00.19 does not have this problem.
- Q10121106 - Can we use the i-RAM on your SAS RAID adapters?
- Q10111106 - I'm currently testing Mac OS X Lion on my MacPro4,1 w/Areca ARC-1212. There is a severe Problem with the ArcMSR.kext shipping with both Developer Preview 3 and the latest Developer Preview 4 (11A480b): Each RAID Volume on the areca controller is detected under LUN 0 and LUN 1 and mounted twice, which of course causes severe file system corruption.
- Q10101106 - We just bought 11 x AS -1022G-NTF and added all of them a ARC-1212 on the riser card. What’s really strange is that the RAID boards run always during the POST (we can access to the firmware, build a RAID array, etc…) but when we are into OS, the system don’t see the RAID card !
- Q10091106 - ARC-1880i Firmware 1.49 data:2011-02-18 with 4U x 36 bay Chassis Supermicro Chassis SC847E16-R1400UB: 24 bays in the front, backplane with LSI 2x36 SAS Expander and 12 bays in the back, backplane with LSI 2x28 SAS Expander. Plug in the front backplane only, sees all disks in the front and plug in the back backplane only, sees all disks in the back. But if I plug in both the front and the back, only sees the disks from the front backplane, and all disks from the back are missing.
- Q10081106 - When I boot the OpenSUSE 11.4 xen kernel I got the following error:
>arcmsr6: dma_allow_coherent got error.
- Q10071106 - When we have installed Internet Explorer 9 on Windows Server 2008R2, ArcHTTP 1.83 does not start correctly. When we downgrade to IE8 everything works fine.
- Q10061106 - We have a problem during the installation of the drivers for the ARC-1210 on an ESXi 4.1.0 server. Following your instructions included in the read-me file of the driver package we use the Vmware vSphere CLI. The command "perl -vihostupdate …" returns the following error message:
"This operation is NOT supported on 4.1.0 platform."
- Q10051106 - I have a Mac Pro 10.6.7. Model 3,1 (3.2 GHz, dual). Ever since installing the Arc-1880ixl, it will not awaken from sleep. It freezes in the sleep mode and needs to be hard restarted.
- Q10041106 - Pull out a drive that was failing. Replace it with a better drive of the same capacity. Hot spare immediately became part of the raid set. New drive immediately became a hot spare. Volume State is listed as 'Need Rebuild', but nothing appears to be happening.
FAQ in 2011