FAQ in 2010
Page 3 out of 4 Pages
- Q10041005 - Do you support SPC-3 function on your external RAID controller?
- Q10031005 - I am working on a Debian x64 configuration, and I would like to launch automatically the Archttp64 daemon automatically with the OS, without any windows appear under the desktop. I have unpacked into /bin and Chmod +x the Archttp64 file, when I launch it in a terminal windows it works fine. The goal is now to install as service.
- Q10021005 - When will TRIM support be available in the driver for the ARC-1231ML and related products?
- Q10011005 - Customer use ARC-1280ML (1.48 firmware) with Supermicro X8DTE (intel 5520 chip), X8DT3-LN4F and Asus Z8PE-D18, OS is Windows 2008 64bit (they use Windows 2003 64bit also), every time he finish initialize volume (RAID 5 or 6), his system will show blue screen. If he downgrades 1280ML to 1.47, everything works fine.
- Q10101001 - I have the ARC-1220 card and I was wondering if it worked correctly with Western Digital's new Advanced Format drives? The ones use 4 Kilobyte sectors instead of 512 Byte.
- Q10091001 - I noticed the line "PMC Expander + SATA Hdd performance" in the change log for the firmware 1.48 update. I wondered if you could provide more description of what the change means. I have a storage blog where I frequently recommend Arc-1680 cards to people, to use in combination with the HP SAS Expander, which is a PMC-based expander.
- Q10081001 - We are experiencing problems with an Arc-1130. When we insert a new drive, it is not detected by the controller, if we reboot the system the controller rescans the disks and detects the drives, its ok. But only after a reboot. It seems the controller needs to rescan its ports to detect the disks but this causes us problems because we have to reboot the system every time.
- Q10071001 - I have a problem getting the "alert by mail configuration" to work through the ARCHTTP proxy when the local firewall is enabled on the host OS - Windows 2008 SP2 x64. How does the ARCHTTP proxy work, and how do I make it function through the firewall? If I simply disable the firewall, the alerts are working, but that is not a solution.
- Q10061001 - I just installed Windows 7 on my computer with ARC-1231Ml, no problem, only I also want to install the 64bit version. Using the drivers located at:
ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw. The raid is not recognized, I am forced to use the 32bit drivers to see my raid but the installation is defective.
- Q10051001 - The ARC-1202 RAID card has another problem. Windows 7 takes forever to boot (~ 4 hours) after I installed the card Driver v188.8.131.52 (2009-09-23).
FAQ in 2010