FAQ in 2011
Page 3 out of 6 Pages
- Q10051108 - I tried to build a raidset over 4xHUA723020ALA640 in the controller
bios I saw a new option called "raid set mode". I was able to set "128
volumes" or "16 volumes". What is this option about?
- Q10041108 - If we configure a RAID card (Say ARC-1880 series) with a certain setting, are we able to export the setting and reload back to a new card in the event if the card fails?
- Q10031108 – Is it at all possible to have smartctl support for your newer SAS RAID controllers (like you have for the SATA models)?
- Q10021108 - I recently purchased an ARC-1880ix-24 card. I have read in several places on your website that there is a Disk Stress Test that can be run from the SAP utility. Apparently it is a hidden option. How do I access DST and why is it hidden?
- Q10011108 - We have the problem on Giga-byte GA-880GA M/B using ARC-1220 /w Backup Battery Unit. It reports data corrupts after a power failure on ARC-1220 /w Backup Battery Unit
- Q10061107 - We are using your command line interface cli32 to monitor the state of the raid array. It works fine in most cases. When I try to launch the cli32 tool it get stalled during quite a long time and give me the following error message : GuiErrMsg: Timeout.
- Q10051107 - I have a FreeBSD dist named FreeNAS with 7.3 kernel and seems that this kind of OS is compatible with ARC-1880 series but the OS can't see the areca raid controller and the Disk.
- Q10041107 - The Seagate Constellation drive is a 6Gb SAS drive. Will this drive work with the ARC-1680-ix-12 on HP DL385 G5? I'm getting a "No IDE Drive" at the BIOS level?
- Q10031107 - We are trying a RAID recovery software for an Areca RAID 5 array, it has 4 options for parity distribution: Left symmetric, Left asymmetric, Right symmetric, Right asymmetric or Parity delay (1 or higher).
- Q10021107 - I am having an issue with an Arc-1880x connected to a Dell MD1000. The issue is that the controller sees the disk shelf itself but not the disks inside of the shelf. One time the RAID card saw there are disks in the shelf. I created a RAID set, but when I rebooted the server, the RAID controller once again could not see any disks.
FAQ in 2011