FAQ in 2010
Page 2 out of 4 Pages
- Q10081012 - The system is q9400 core2quad with ARC-1200 raid1 2xHDD. Getting the following error in dmesg of system
Sep 19 01:50:44 dedi kernel: (probe16:arcmsr0:0:16:0): inquiry data
fails comparison at DV1 step.
- Q10071012 - We are setting up some systems here using the ASUS KGPE-D16 motherboard with dual AMD 6128 AMD Magny-Cours and 16GB of memory ( 4 X Apacer 4GB DIMMs), and are seeing a problem with the ARC-1261ML controller card. The ARC-1261 is hanging when I try and go into the BIOS and create a RAID set.
- Q10061012 - There is no progress information in the ARC-1680 volume information screen. Only the text 'Need init' shows on its screen.
- Q10051012 - We are aware that the Areca ARC-1680 has a NIC on the back that is able to send the traps directly, but we have been unable to correctly decode the traps thrown from the ArcHttp64 binary. We are attempting to use the ArcHttp64 process to monitor and send traps for our system.
- Q10041012 - The SAS interface is ST32000444SS and the SATA interface is ST32000644NS. We would like to build up some high power servers using ARC-1680ix-24's. There are write issues, but reads ok. Drive writes fine for a few seconds at around 142MB/sec, then it drops to 3.6MB/sec and stays there.
- Q10031012 - We have successfully installed the areca driver for VMware, and can use it as datapool. But how can I monitor the state of the RAID-Pool? How do we get informed about broken disks?
- Q10021012 - We are interested in a big project with ARC-1300ix-16. Do you have any idea of how to "turn-on" the lights of a bad drive by the SGPIO/SES2 under Linux environment?
- Q10011012 - I am trying to get my Areca ARC-1680ix-24 to work with an HP PCIe SAS Expander Card 468406-B21 (firmware 2.02). So far I have been unsuccessful. Although the HP enclosure shows up in MacRaid, attached drives are not detected.
- Q10021006 - Are the Areca ARC-1680 series RAID adapters compatible with this chassis' backplane using the 6Gb/s SAS-2 expander?
- Q10011006 - I used GPT and NTFS which is supposed to work to 256TB. I expanded it from14TB to 16TB without issue but for some reason I can't consume all the free
space from the newly expanded VolumeSet.
FAQ in 2010