Areca cards do not support bioctl, please use our cli instead.
The bioctl- RAID management interface for software RAID,but our products are pure hardware raids.
- FAQ Home
- All categories
- SATA/SAS PCI RAID Card
- Mezzanine Board
- SAS Non-RAID Adapters
- External RAID Controllers
- JBOD/Expander Box
- Desktop RAID Subsystem
- Internal RAID Rack
- Thunderbolt Solutions
95 users online | 94 Guests and 1 Registered
Areca cards do not support bioctl, please use our cli instead.
- Last update:
- 2015-08-25 04:30
You cannot comment on this entry
- Q10011001 - On one of our RAID servers with Areca 1680ix-24, we received following errors: 2009-7-31 15:38:48 H/W Monitor Fan Recovered 2009-7-31 15:38:18 H/W Monitor Fan Failed
- Q10021001 - I can’t connect RAID setting page with Safari of Mac that installs ARC-1680. Is there something a necessary setting?
- Q10031001 - System will not get past ARC-1680ix card bios boot screen when plugged into Promise e610p raid array using external SAS connector. When the cable is unplugged during boot system gets to windows fine. System runs fine as long as it is not connected to the raid array.
- Q10041001 - User upgraded the MAC OS-X to 10.5.8. Upgraded the Areca firmware version to 1.4.7 from www.areca.com.tw, and then loaded in the updated driver for the card. Once he did this, the ARC-1221x drive array no longer mounted. He could see the drives in MRAID (using Firefox at http://localhost:81), but no errors were shown, and everything appeared to be normal. However, the drive array was no longer seen by the Macintosh computer.
- Q10051001 - The ARC-1202 RAID card has another problem. Windows 7 takes forever to boot (~ 4 hours) after I installed the card Driver v126.96.36.199 (2009-09-23).
- Q10061001 - I just installed Windows 7 on my computer with ARC-1231Ml, no problem, only I also want to install the 64bit version. Using the drivers located at: ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw. The raid is not recognized, I am forced to use the 32bit drivers to see my raid but the installation is defective.
- Q10071001 - I have a problem getting the "alert by mail configuration" to work through the ARCHTTP proxy when the local firewall is enabled on the host OS - Windows 2008 SP2 x64. How does the ARCHTTP proxy work, and how do I make it function through the firewall? If I simply disable the firewall, the alerts are working, but that is not a solution.
- Q10081001 - We are experiencing problems with an Arc-1130. When we insert a new drive, it is not detected by the controller, if we reboot the system the controller rescans the disks and detects the drives, its ok. But only after a reboot. It seems the controller needs to rescan its ports to detect the disks but this causes us problems because we have to reboot the system every time.
- Q10091001 - I noticed the line "PMC Expander + SATA Hdd performance" in the change log for the firmware 1.48 update. I wondered if you could provide more description of what the change means. I have a storage blog where I frequently recommend Arc-1680 cards to people, to use in combination with the HP SAS Expander, which is a PMC-based expander.
- Q10101001 - I have the ARC-1220 card and I was wondering if it worked correctly with Western Digital's new Advanced Format drives? The ones use 4 Kilobyte sectors instead of 512 Byte.
- Q10011005 - Customer use ARC-1280ML (1.48 firmware) with Supermicro X8DTE (intel 5520 chip), X8DT3-LN4F and Asus Z8PE-D18, OS is Windows 2008 64bit (they use Windows 2003 64bit also), every time he finish initialize volume (RAID 5 or 6), his system will show blue screen. If he downgrades 1280ML to 1.47, everything works fine.
- Q10021005 - When will TRIM support be available in the driver for the ARC-1231ML and related products?
- Q10031005 - I am working on a Debian x64 configuration, and I would like to launch automatically the Archttp64 daemon automatically with the OS, without any windows appear under the desktop. I have unpacked into /bin and Chmod +x the Archttp64 file, when I launch it in a terminal windows it works fine. The goal is now to install as service.
- Q10041005 - Do you support SPC-3 function on your external RAID controller?
- Q10011006 - I used GPT and NTFS which is supposed to work to 256TB. I expanded it from14TB to 16TB without issue but for some reason I can't consume all the free space from the newly expanded VolumeSet.
- Q10021006 - Are the Areca ARC-1680 series RAID adapters compatible with this chassis' backplane using the 6Gb/s SAS-2 expander?
- Q10011012 - I am trying to get my Areca ARC-1680ix-24 to work with an HP PCIe SAS Expander Card 468406-B21 (firmware 2.02). So far I have been unsuccessful. Although the HP enclosure shows up in MacRaid, attached drives are not detected.
- Q10021012 - We are interested in a big project with ARC-1300ix-16. Do you have any idea of how to "turn-on" the lights of a bad drive by the SGPIO/SES2 under Linux environment?
- Q10031012 - We have successfully installed the areca driver for VMware, and can use it as datapool. But how can I monitor the state of the RAID-Pool? How do we get informed about broken disks?
- Q10041012 - The SAS interface is ST32000444SS and the SATA interface is ST32000644NS. We would like to build up some high power servers using ARC-1680ix-24's. There are write issues, but reads ok. Drive writes fine for a few seconds at around 142MB/sec, then it drops to 3.6MB/sec and stays there.
- Q10051012 - We are aware that the Areca ARC-1680 has a NIC on the back that is able to send the traps directly, but we have been unable to correctly decode the traps thrown from the ArcHttp64 binary. We are attempting to use the ArcHttp64 process to monitor and send traps for our system.
- Q10061012 - There is no progress information in the ARC-1680 volume information screen. Only the text 'Need init' shows on its screen.
- Q10071012 - We are setting up some systems here using the ASUS KGPE-D16 motherboard with dual AMD 6128 AMD Magny-Cours and 16GB of memory ( 4 X Apacer 4GB DIMMs), and are seeing a problem with the ARC-1261ML controller card. The ARC-1261 is hanging when I try and go into the BIOS and create a RAID set.
- Q10081012 - The system is q9400 core2quad with ARC-1200 raid1 2xHDD. Getting the following error in dmesg of system Sep 19 01:50:44 dedi kernel: (probe16:arcmsr0:0:16:0): inquiry data fails comparison at DV1 step.
- Q10091012 - When using various LSI 2108 controllers from LSI and Areca (ARC-1880 series) on the X7SBE motherboard, none of the LSI 2108-based controllers post. How can this be fixed?
- Q10101012 - The Areca ARC-1680ix-12 has detected problem on the WDC WD6000HLHX 6Gb/s SATA HDD, do you have any solution?
- Q10111012 - We recently updated the firmware on our ARC-1231ML to the latest revision on your website and the card is only issuing 256 byte read completions. Prior to the firmware update, the card was responding with 512 byte completions. Why was this changed?
- Q10121012 - I learned from the Web that the ARC-1880 has issues with the Mac Pro, and that Areca is already working to fix this issue.
- Q10131012 - My machine is a Mac Pro Nehalem 2009 with 16GB of memory. On wakeup (after going to sleep), I'm getting Kernel Panic errors on ArcHttp if I restart the machine I do not get this error.
- Q10141012 - I'm not able to make my Seagate Constellation ES SED SAS drives to work with my Areca ARC-1212-4i controller.
- Q10151012 - I'm running OpenBSD 4.6 i386 on an Areca ARC-1680i controller. Unfortunately, bioctl doesn't show the array status (online, degraded, failed, etc.).
- Q10161012 - We had terribly bad performance on a big expensive machine with 2x 24-disk ARC-1680. Bootdisks are Intel X25 SSDs. Customer wants all that to function with Solarisinstall+ZFS file system. After the install, when you test the throughput, you will be at about one THIRD of the expected performance: unacceptable.
- Q10171012 - We have a 10 order of 8TB R5 units (ARC-1201) built up and we appear to be having DHCP IP issues. I have DHCP enabled but the Current IP Address is still the Local IP Address (Static IP). It doesn’t appear to be releasing the Static and/or pulling in a DHCP.
- Q10181012 - I'm trying to expand my RaidSet from 8x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5 to 9x Hitachi 2TB RAID-5. I received the "Expand RaidSet" event but not the following "Start Migrating". Volume state is "Need Migrate".
12Gb/s SAS expander 4KN drive Acronis Advanced Data Mirroring AJA Alert By Mail Configuration ALUA AOC API ARC-1035 ARC-1130 ARC-1200 ARC-1201 ARC-1202 ARC-1203 ARC-1210 ARC-1212 ARC-1213 ARC-1213-4i ARC-1214 ARC-1214-4I Arc-1214-8I ARC-1220 ARC-1221 ARC-1221x ARC-1222 ARC-1223 ARC-1223-8i ARC-1223-8X ARC-1224 ARC-1224-8I ARC-1225-8I ARC-1231 ARC-1231Ml ARC-1260 ARC-1261ML ARC-1264il-12 ARC-1264il-16 ARC-1280 ARC-1280ML ARC-12x3 ARC-12x4 ARC-12x5 ARC-12x6 ARC-1300 ARC-1300-4e ARC-1300-4i ARC-1300ix-16 ARC-1320 ARC-1320-8i