FAQ in 2009
Page 2 out of 3 Pages
- Q10060903- I am trying to use an ARC-1220 with a Supermicro X7DWN+ motherboard with 32GB of memory running Linux RHEL5.2 .With drives attached to the RAID card, the motherboard BIOS goes through its steps but halts once it reaches the final screen before handing off to the OS. There is no error message. Without any attached drives the system appears to boot normally. However, if during BIOS posting I try and enter the RAID card's BIOS the system will hang at the selection screen.
- Q10050903- I am using ARC-1680 with MacOS X 10.5.6 and driver version: 1.3.2. The WEB UI is not responding to the password I have set. It shows me some of the interface but repeatedly asks for the password, saying the one I have set is incorrect.
- Q10040903- At system boot the controller shows two arrays of which one has failed and one is successful. This is strange because the ARC-1200 supports only 2 disks and one array with two disks is fine. The web interface only shows one raid set. I only see the second raid set when I boot the system. Also, when entering the RAID Bios with F6, I only see one RAID set. The second RAID set shown at bootup has exactly the same name as the RAID set that I am using now.
- Q10030903- I am trying to install server 2008 with the 64 bit driver listed for server 2008 on areca website. The install process will not accept the driver because it is not signed (32 bit Storport driver appears to work). Do you have any suggestions on guidance on getting the 64bit driver to load?
- Q10020903- I'm new to your line of products and was wondering what the steps are to replace a defective drive into an existing array. I have the ARC-1220 controller and a tried to replace the defective with a new HD but the array did not rebuild on its own. Do I have to do something manually to get it to work?
- Q10010903- I created 5x1TB RAID 5 array w/ 5 Samsung F1 1TB drives. Things worked fine. Then I wanted to add an additional group of Samsung F1 drives to the array but the ARC-1280 firmware 1.43 was having an issue with the newly attached drives and they were showing up as "failed" in the Raid Console (and the ARC-1280 was beeping, driving me crazy).
- Q10090902- What driver is best to use for testing Windows 7 Beta? All drivers I try to use seem to crash my system.
- Q10080902- I have a ARC-1231ML, and I am writing to ask for your recommendations regarding its use. Is it possible to use this card in conjunction with an external 12 bay chassis? I am hoping to mount the 12 RAID drives outside of the host PC chassis.
- Q10070902- I have ARC-1231 controller. Can you please explain the difference between using disks in JBOD mode and using disks in pass-through mode. I have a feeling that the controller uses it's onboard cache when in pass-through mode. Is this the case?
- Q10060902- I have a ARC-1220, in a server running FreeBSD 6.1, but I can not get the HD's temperature using the application cli32, I try to use the http proxy but also did not get the expected result.
FAQ in 2009